I'm pretty good at putting plates, cups and silverware in the dishwasher, but when it's getting fairly full I have been know to be asked to "just leave it". I think there are secrets to loading a dishwasher I've never been told. I think you have to below to the Mason's or something.
Anyway I saw this article of 5 Things You Should Always Put In The Dishwasher If There is Room.
Here's the list. Now that I think about it, I bet some of these things get pretty gross!
- The Microwave Turntable (Let's be honest. I only wipe it off if I spill something...and I think I'll get caught if I don't)
- The Sink Strainer (Ya I never would have thought of this one)
- The Dish Drying Rack (Again...never would have thought it of it. Maybe it is dirty)
- The Spoon Rest (I have to have one of these when I cook and it gets washed every time. Gross if it's just sitting there for days)
- A Bowl of Vinegar (It's supposed to make your dishes all sparkly)
photo: getty images