One of the things that we are still permitted to do is go to the grocery store. If you are nervous about shopping at this time, check out these tips on how to stay safe while purchasing your essentials.
- Shop early to avoid bigger groups of people and for the best selection
- Have a concise list before leaving the house in order to limit your time in the store
- Bring sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer (if you have it)
- Shop alone, designated someone in the family to be the shopper
- Sanitize your hands before entering the store and wipe down carts or other non-food items before and after touching them
- Keep that 6 foot distance from fellow shoppers
- Shop with your eyes, not your hands, no squeezing or smelling the produce, only touch the item you are purchasing
- Don’t hoard
- Wash hands and all fresh produce thoroughly once home
Please follow these tips to protect yourself and your fellow shoppers at this critical time.