There is this new book out called Gastrophysics: The New Science of Eating,” It is all about how our minds mess with us when it comes to food. Note this stuff the next time you go out to eat and know that people may be messing with your mind.
Here are a few examples:
- Wine tastes better when you know it was expensive
- People think deserts served on a white plate are sweeter than those on a black plate
- Diners are a little more likely to order food if it starts with the first letter of their name (that is really weird)
- Heavier silver ware makes you more willing to pay more for dinner. If you need two hands to pick up your fork it's gonna cost you!
- Coffee served in white cups taste twice as strong. (Note to self get white mugs to use on Monday mornings)
Also a certain Justin Bieber song with turn your stomach. No I'm not being mean, it's science people! Read more here
photo: getty images