A company's culture is the combined values, attitudes, and goals people in a workplace share. The most positive work cultures are aspirational and create an environment where employees feel more engaged and in tune with one another. LinkedIn research revealed that 70 percent of American professionals wouldn't work at a leading company with a negative workplace culture—in fact, they'd rather get paid less and suffer a title demotion than deal with subpar office culture.
Sings Of A Positive Culture
- Talent retention
- Good benefits
- Appreciation of work/life balance
- Fostering a sense of belonging
Signs Of A Negative Culture
- High employee turnover rate
- Companies that push burnout over leave
- Tightly controlled decision making
- Workplace inertia
- Leadership working in opposition to the company’s stated values
I hope you're in a place that appreciates you!