The Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital at Albany Med, your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, is a 125-bed facility devoted exclusively to the medical needs of infants, children and adolescents. It is our regions only:
- Children’s Hospital. Historically, there are 132,000 visits by sick and injured children to the Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital at Albany Med each year, and most live in this region.
- Referral Center. Hospitals and doctors’ offices send seriously ill and injured children from 25 counties in northeastern New York and western New England to the Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital at Albany Med.
- Highest Level Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Doctors and nurses in the NICU care for nearly 800 babies each year, including those born prematurely, those with birth defects, breathing problems, and other serious illnesses.
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). The high-level PICU operates around the clock to care for more than 1,000 sick and injured children each year.
- Childhood Cancer Program. A multi-disciplinary team at the Melodies Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders helps more than 1,300 with cancer and blood illnesses annually.
MOST IMPORTANTLY the Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital at Albany Med treats all children regardless of ability to pay.
About Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals:
The mission of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is to generate funds and awareness in partnership with and for the benefit of member hospitals/foundations and the children they are privileged to serve.
These hospitals depend on public support, and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals makes it possible for the community to donate necessary funding to maintain and upgrade member hospitals’ programs. It is important to remember that 100 percent of locally generated donations stay in our community…at the Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital at Albany Med!
Through your generous support we are able to operate a caring, supportive hospital for thousands of children. Thank you!