Yep I gained weight over the holidays. Last check was about 6 or 7 pounds. Hey it happens. Now it's 2020 and the New Year's resolutions should be in place. One of mine should probably do something about my procrastination because I don't have any resolutions yet. That is a matter for another day.
Today this article caught my eye. "6 Reasons Not To Diet". It kind of made sense and gave a short list of things to do instead. Here are some of the highlights. Click the link for the whole list and the reasons behind these.
Reasons Not To Diet
- Diets do really not work.
- Weight and Health are not the same thing
- Dieting is bad for your mental health
- Dieting can actually damage your health
What to do instead
- Focus on why you are eating
- Make eating changes based on being healthier not body appearance
- Don't focus on on the appearance of others
Photo: getty image