A lot of New Year's resolutions have to do with eating better, exercising more and stuff like that. How about something more mental? Like ditching some words that people are getting tired of hearing. We all have a few that we get stuck on so this might be harder than hitting the treadmill for 30 minutes a day.
Found this list of 30 Words Everyone Needs to Stop Saying in 2019. Here are a few of them:
- Cancelled. As in "My Chicago Bears were cancelled yesterday". That still hurts
- GOAT. Greatest of All Time...until the next one comes a long
- Witch Hunt. Thank you Mr. President
- Salty. I'm feeling a little salty today, but it's Monday what do you expect?
- Lit. I grew out of Axe body spray as well last year.
- Fam. Maybe rugrats are ready for a comeback
- Yasss. No to that one
- Fake News. Someone call CNN I hear it's their fault
- Basic. I guess we have to get fancy this year.
I think my favorite one is "snack". I'm going to START using that one this year. That should creak the kids out when I'm talking to my wife. See the complete list here...and try not to say them
photo: getty images