Let's face it, when you get together with family you gotta be careful what you talk about...at least if you want to avoid awkward or angry situations. Probably want to stay away from Politics and other hot topics. Other than the weather what do you talk about?
I came across this article on RealSimple.com. They listed 20 Fun Conversation Starters for Thanksgiving Dinner.
There are questions for kids to ask parents, parents to ask kids, kids to ask Grandparents, friends to ask friends etc.
Here are a few good ones. Get them all here
For parents to ask kids:
- Who’s the funniest person at the table and why? (OK that one could get you in trouble)
- If you Won $5,000,000. What's the first thing you'd buy?
- What do you think is the hardest part of being a parent?
For kids to ask parents:
- If you had to eat only one food on this table for a year, which one would it be?
- What do you think is the hardest part about being a kid?
For friends to ask friends:
- Which person at this table would make the best news anchor? (OK that one is just weird)
- Who here do you wish you knew better? (I like that one)
For kids to ask grandparents:
- How did you celebrate Thanksgiving when you were my age? ("We'd walk 10 miles up hill to get here and we liked it")
- What about my mom/dad drove you crazy when they were a kid? (Black mail!!!)
photo: getty images