I just saw that the average parent spends 5 hours a week trying to get there kids to do stuff. You know make the bed, do their homework or other chores. 5 Hours a week! It went on to say that 82% of parents bribe their kids to do things.
Have I bribed our kids? Well I prefer to call it "incentivizing" them. He it works to get the dog into his crate right?
Most parents give a few different reasons for this "incentives":
- 64% say they bribe kids to eat healthy
- 52% to get them to behave
- 48% say it's to save time. (Hey $2 goes a long way sometimes)
If you don't want to do straight up bribes here are some pretty creative hacks parents have used:
- Blending veggies with ketchup and call it "special ketchup"
- Mixing fiber in chocolate milk to keep them regular (Mom my chocolate milk tastes funny)
- Using food coloring to make things more interesting
- Adding marshmallows or sprinkles to veggies (yuck!)
- Play the "quiet game" at bedtime. First one to talk loses.
- Blend cauliflower with mac & cheese. (that actually sounds pretty good)
- Calling all meats "chicken" (this is my favorite!)
- Keeping the iPad only 35% charged so they can't play too long. (genius!)
photo: getty images