There is a point in your life when you buy certain things and then you have them for the rest of your life. Like a hammer or a ladder or even a pair of scissors. It doesn't matter if the ladder gets really wobbly or if the scissors are so dull they can't cut anything...you just don't get rid of them. Well I can't help with the ladder, but I can help with the scissors and a few other things.
I found "21 Home Remedies":
- To sharpen scissors stack 7 pieces of aluminum foil and cut it all up. It's supposed to sharpen your scissors
- To get rid of paint fumes put an onion in a bowl of water in the the room you are painting
- to remove grass stains from clothes scrub the stains with Head & Shoulders Shampoo before you wash them
- To remove inks stains use hand sanitizer
- To remove permanent marker use a little hair spray. It should remove it from most surfaces
- To get nail polish out of carpeting try Windex.
See all 21 Home Remedies here...it might help you get rid of a headache or a soar throat as we head into cold and flu season.
photo: getty images