Happy "Hairband's and Bacon Friday" everybody! First up nobody embraced the over the topness of the "Hairband Era" as far as hair and outfits and pretty much everything else!!! Here's Dave with his sort of patriotic tune as we head into Memorial Day Weekend...
and on the bacon side with it also being a big BBQ weekend here's a tasty bacon burger recipe...
BBQ Bacon Burgers
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and barbecue sauce. In another bowl, combine the bacon, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture, onion and steak seasoning; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over buns; top each with a burger, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.